EAC Product Development Solutions (EAC) proudly partners with Design Science – the leader in software for scientific and technical communication – to offer our Arbortext clients the MathFlow™ Editor and Composer products. MathFlow is used by scientists, engineers, educators, students and publishing professionals, for authoring and publishing mathematical notation in print and online content. Design Science aggressively researches new products that extend their commanding lead in MathML technology.
The MathFlow product line includes two products that install into Arbortext Editor and Arbortext Publishing Engine. Each product may be purchased separately, and are available as fixed or concurrent (floating) licenses.
- MathFlow Editor: a full-featured WYSIWYG MathML equation editor that installs into Arbortext Editor for authoring and editing MathML equations. In addition, it enables import of Microsoft Word documents, with equations as MathML instances within an XML document.
- MathFlow Composer: works with Arbortext Editor or Publishing Engine for PDF and web output of MathML equations.
MathFlow Editor is a native MathML equation editor that works with Arbortext Editor. MathFlow Editor’s user experience is similar to how Design Science’s MathType product works with Microsoft Word — the operator double-clicks on an equation in an XML document and it automatically opens in the MathFlow Editor window. To compose a new equation, a click on the MathFlow Editor button in the XML editor’s toolbar opens a new equation window. Equations appear in typeset form within Arbortext Editor and are saved as MathML within the XML document.
MathFlow Editor also adds equation conversion to PTC’s Arbortext Import/Export feature. With MathFlow Editor installed, MathType and Equation Editor equations in Microsoft Word documents will be converted to MathML while the surrounding document is converted into XML.
MathFlow Composer works together with Arbortext Composer and Arbortext Publishing Engine to generate output documents with properly formatted mathematical equations. The following composition options are available in MathFlow Composer:
- Draft PDF Composition: generates a PNG image for each equation, to be included in the PDF file.
- High Quality PDF Composition: generates postscript code for each equation (this feature is available only on Windows).
- HTML Composition: saves an HTML or XHTML version of the document that can be viewed with a web browser.
MathFlow™ is a family of products providing editing, display, and accessibility of mathematical notation for websites, applications, and services. MathFlow components are widely used in education, publishing, and enterprise solutions, as well as commercial products. The technology at the heart of MathFlow is MathML, the XML standard for representing mathematical notation.