Mold, Tool & Die
Two Creo Parametric Extensions allow users to create complex single and multiple cavity molds with Creo Tool Design Extension, or create moldbase layouts in a 2D environment while automatically generate a 3D model with Creo Expert Moldbase Extension.
Core and Cavity Design
Product design complexity is often over-shadowed by that required of the mold. Creo Tool Design Extension can create even the most complex single- and multiple-cavity molds. A process-driven workflow guides the user through each step. Automated parting surface creation and automated splitting make it easy for even the occasional user to create complex tooling quickly.
Simplified Moldbase Design
Many toolmakers rely on a 2D CAD approach for designing moldbases. Accordingly, Creo Expert Moldbase Extension provides an ideal solution. Process-based and easy-to-learn, it allows the toolmaker to work in a familiar 2D environment, while employing all the power and benefits of 3D, drastically cutting lead-time.
Features and Benefits
Tool Design Extension
- Define even the most complex geometry for creating single- and multiple-cavity molds and casts
- Evaluate mold draft, undercut and thickness problems and examine forming and secondary forming dies
- Eliminates data translation errors as an integral CAD/CAM solution from conceptual design to manufacturing
- Reduces need for redesigns through automatic updating of tooling models, drawings and electrodes
- Eliminates costly rework via interference checking and mold opening simulation
Expert Moldbase Extension
- Speed design through simple, process-driven workflows to automated moldbase design and detailing
- Includes libraries for 17 moldbase/component suppliers (e.g., screws, ejector pins, sliders, cooling fittings)
- Automatic ejector pin, waterline, and fittings functions, automated runners and waterline checks
- Prevents costly rework and reduces cycle time by eliminating mistakes, via a 3D environment
- Reduces the need for redesigns by automatically updating tooling models, drawings and electrodes