Every day, manufacturing engineers face the challenge of ensuring that process plans, manufacturing bill-of-materials (mBOMs), and work instructions accurately reflect the current engineering design. Typically, it’s not until the design is completed that Design Engineering involves Manufacturing Engineering to define “how” and where a product is to be made. But if Manufacturing Process Management (MPM) could be done in sync with Engineering–operating on the same design data–it could positively impact product cost, accuracy of manufacturing deliverables, and development cycle time.
Windchill MPMLink – an integral PLM application designed for manufacturing engineers – is an ideal solution because it gives mechanical engineers the tools they need to digitally design and manage all of their process plan deliverables concurrently with design.
Features and Benefits
- Reduce time-to-market by enabling concurrent product and manufacturing process definition
- Enhance efficiency of manufacturing engineers by allowing them to digitally author and manage manufacturing process plans and the associated resources
- Lower the cost of changes by streamlining change impact identification and propagation as well as reducing the number of expensive late-stage changes
- Improve production ramp-up and productivity by using this MPM software to efficiently optimize manufacturing processes and dynamically generate 2D and 3D work instructions
- Improve product quality by reducing scrap and rework
- Lower Total Cost of Ownership by eliminating multiple legacy and MS Office-based solutions